Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate Certificate Programme in Nuclear Security Science (NSS) of the Centre for Nuclear Energy Studies (CNES), University of Port Harcourt for the 2021/2022 academic session
- The Programme is aimed at imparting in the students internationally recommended foundation level theoretical and practical knowledge of nuclear security science. This will in turn help stimulate student’s ability to deal with current and future nuclear security challenges in Nigeria and the sub-region. The programme leads to the award of Postgraduate Certificate in Nuclear Security Science.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of Third Class Honours (or HND Equivalent) in Engineering, Sciences or Medical Sciences from a recognised University (or Polytechnic). Candidates with significant working experience in a related field may be considered for admission. Qualified foreign students are eligible for admission. The Course would be offered in English Language.
- Intending candidates are also advised to undertake free pre-admission online modules of the Texas A&M University (TAMU) in:(i). Basic nuclear and atomic physics, (ii). Nuclear fuel cycle and (iii) Basic radiation detection. These modules are accessible through the link: http://www.nsspi.tamu.edu/nssep/courses/module/. A good score in each of the modules will be an added advantage
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
- The programme is modular and shall last for 16 weeks. It comprises 10 taught courses, industrial visits and an individual Term paper. Each course shall be for duration of 32 hours of lectures and 2 hours of examination.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of
N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand naira only) into CNES Eco Bank A/C No. 0522003580.
- To fill the Application Form, send an e-mail to email@example.com attaching a proof of payment.
- For enquiries, please call 08035462713 or 08180062100
CLOSING DATE: The Application Form and the accompanying documents should be submitted on Friday, 29th April 2022.