Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students and researchers to pursue a full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey. Türkiye Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
What makes Türkiye Scholarships unique is that it’s not only inclusive of financial support but also provides university placement to its awardees at all levels of higher education. Explore your chances for fully-funded education at the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
Programs open for application are:
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master and doctoral levels.
Government of Turkey Scholarships Eligibility
- Citizens of all countries;
- Graduates or those who will graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022);
- Researchers and academics.
Minimum Academic Achievement
- For undergraduate candidates: 70%
- For graduate candidates: 75%
- For candidates of Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy): 90%
- For undergraduate programs: being under the age of 21
- For master’s programs: being under the age of 30
- For PhD programs: being under the age of 35
- For Research Scholarship: being under the age of 45
Türkiye Scholarships Benefits
- provides university and department placements, unlike other higher education scholarship programs.
- covers tuition fees.
- allows you to learn the language of the country study with a 1-year Turkish language course. Thus, resources are diversified in your academic research and daily life becomes more pleasurable.
- provides accommodation for students arriving in a new country.
- supports you on your journey to Turkey and when you return to your country at the end of your education period and covers your once-off flight ticket.
- allows you to take full advantage of widespread health services when necessary with health insurance.
- also provides a monthly stipend. 1000 TL at the undergraduate level, 1,400 TL at Master’s level and 1,800 TL at PhD level per month.
How to Apply for Turkey Scholarships
Applications are received online through the online application system, free of charge. For applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
- A valid identity document, ID card or passport
- A photograph of the candidate taken within the last 1 year
- National exam results (if any)
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
- International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program
- International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF if required by the chosen university or program
- A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for PhD applications)
Apply Before: 20th February 2022.