The general public is by this notice informed that the sales of form for 2020/2021 academics session commenced on the 1st March, 2020.
SCHOOL OF NURSING PROGRAMME
The aim of the Basic Nursing Programme is to prepare competent polyvalent nursing practitioners who will use problem solving skills in providing safe, acceptable, efficient and affordable health services to meet the health needs of individuals, families and the community at all levels of care..
COMPETENCIES OF A NURSE
The competencies of a nurse who is a graduate of this General Nursing Education Programme include the ability to:
- Utilize nursing process in the care of the individual, family and the community.
- Assess client/patient through history, taking physical assessment, review of relevant records and listing appropriate actual and potential nursing diagnosis.
- Assess community through data gathering and identifying health needs to arrive at Community Diagnosis.
- Plan for individual nursing diagnosis/problems and family health needs for the attainment and maintenance of health states.
- Assume responsibility and plan for delivery of dependent and interdependent activities.
- Implement necessary nursing actions to minimize individual problems through holistic and client/family centred approach in homes, community and healthcare institutions.
- Evaluate care through stated objectives to ascertain effectiveness of nursing actions and health activities rendered in homes, community and healthcare institutions.
- Develop strategies for Health Education needs of client/patient and families in homes, communities and healthcare institutions.
- Assist the client/patient to achieve optimum functioning.
- Diagnose and treat simple medical and surgical conditions
- Utilize available resources within the home, community and hospital setting to achieve maximum provision of healthcare.
- Participate in formulating health planes for the community.
- Develop proficiency in presenting and dispensing Family Planning methods and in follow-up of clients
- Provide rehabilitative services to individuals and families to enable the client/patient adapt to changing conditions.
- Demonstrate assertiveness in management of healthcare for client/patient in the homes, community and healthcare institutions.
- Initiate and participate in the development of recording and reporting systems,maintaining, analysis and utilizing the collected data.
- Manage essential drugs by evolving an effective monitoring and cost recovery system.
- Establish and maintain a two-way referral system.
- Assist in budgeting, managing and auditing the accounting system of primary healthcare.
- Organise and implement educational programmes for community based workers (CBW) and nursing students.
- Ensure work discipline by providing adequate motivation for health workers.
- Initiate and carry out research to improve practice and develop new techniques to meet health needs of the people.
Candidate for admission into the General Nursing Education Programme must possess the Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent with five credits to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than 2 sittings.
The examination bodies approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council are NECO and WAEC.
Cost of Form
Sales of form cost N11,500 and also a Convenience Fee of N300 is expected to be paid alongside the form fee.
Total Cost: N11,800
Method Of Application
Interested Candidates are to obtain the form online via the link kindly click here.
Fill in the required information and proceed to make payment online via the Remita platform.
Entrance Examination Date
Entrance Examination for all Basic Nursing Applicants comes up on August, 2020 at the College by 7.30a.m. Prompt.
For the successful candidates in the Entrance Examination, Oral Interview comes up on the September, 2020.
Shortlist of Candidates and Resumption Date
Applicants that are successful in both the Entrance Examination and Oral Interview and is offered a provisional admission resumes October, 2020.