Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) undergraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Application for FUTO post UTME screening exercise commences on Tuesday, August 04, 2020.
Nature of the Screening Exercise: The 2020/2021 Post-UTME and Direct Entry Screening Exercise shall be conducted in a manner devoid of exposure of candidates to the dreaded Covid-19.
The general public and candidates who chose the Federal University of Technology, Owerri as First Choice University in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) are aware that the University Portal has been open since August 4, 2020, for the registration of the 2020/2021 PUTME screening exercise. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused a major delay in the 2020/2021 Admissions Exercise with the directive from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) that Institutions should postpone PUTME screening exercises pending the conclusion of the 2020 WASSCE and NECO SSCE Examinations.
Consequently, following the release of the 2020 WASSCE and NECO SSCE results, please be informed that the University is set to commence the 2020/2021 PUTME Screening Exercise. In this regard candidates who registered for the Exercise should note as follows:
Candidates who did not choose FUTO as first choice University but scored a minimum of 180 are requested to register for the Post UTME Screening Exercise on the condition that they visit the JAMB website for a change of Institution. CANDIDATES WHO DID NOT CHOOSE FUTO AS FIRST CHOICE UNIVERSITY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
Candidates who registered with awaiting results should immediately upload their WASSCE and NECO SSCE results to the University portal on/before Friday, January 29, 2021.
All candidates should also upload their WASSCE and NECO SSCE results to the JAMB portal as earlier directed.
Direct Entry candidates should ensure that their academic transcripts have been forwarded to the Registrar, Federal University of Technology, Owerri because any candidate who fails to submit his/her academic transcript would not be considered for Admission.
JOHN U. NNABUIHE
FUTO Post UTME Eligibility
- UTME Candidate must have scored a minimum of 180 in their UTME.
- Direct Entry candidates must be holders of OND/HND/First Degree and A’ Level in relevant discipline and subjects.
Those who did not choose FUTO as First Choice University but scored a minimum of 180 can also apply on the condition that they visit the JAMB website for a change of Institution.
How to Apply for FUTO Post UTME Form
Eligible candidates would be required to pay a processing fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00).
To apply, follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the University website: futo.edu.ng
- Click on Prospective students.
- Click on the link; “2020/2021 POST-UTME/Direct Entry Application”.
- Enter your JAMB Registration Number to generate Payment Invoice containing the Remita Retrieval Reference Number (RRR).
- Proceed to any Bank with the payment invoice OR simply pay with your ATM Card.
- Return to the Application page and enter your JAMB Registration number again.
- Proceed with the completion of the form.
- Correctly enter your O’Level results.
- Confirm your entries.
- Submit your application.
- Print out your acknowledgement slip.
- Await further communication from the University.
Candidates who successfully complete the above-stated registration process will be allowed access to a link through which they can upload their O’Level credentials for screening.
- You must enter a valid mobile number and e-mail address for further communications.
- You must upload your O’Level results on JAMB PORTAL on/before September, 01, 2020.
- Those who fail to register within the period WILL NOT be qualified for the Exercise.
- Any candidate who fails to successfully submit his application online would automatically lose his/her chance of being considered for admission.
FOR DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES: In addition to 1-4 above;
- Kindly ensure that your academic transcript reaches the Registrar, Federal University of Technology, Owerri on/before Tuesday, September 01, 2020.
- Any candidate who fails to submit his/her academic transcript would not be considered for Admission.
For support, contact: