The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students in Nigerian public tertiary institutions to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for scholarship awards tenable in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is a Department of the Federal Ministry of Education headed by a Director, as the Secretary of the Board. It has no Governing Board as the name/nomenclature suggests.
THE MANDATE OF THE BOARD IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Policy Formulation – Preparation of periodic master plans for a balanced and efficient utilization of foreign and local scholarship, and fellowship awards to deserving Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students. This may sometimes involve consultation with State Governments, the Ministries of Foreign matters and with other relevant agencies and bodies.
- Implementation of Federal Government policy and programmes of foreign and local scholarship awards to deserving Nigerian scholars.
- Implementation of Federal Government commitments to Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Multi-Lateral (Commonwealth) Agreements on Scholarship and Fellowship awards to Nigeria.
- Implementation of Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) and NYSC EX-Corps Scholarship.
- Collection, collation, analysis, publishing and dissemination of data and other information of student matters, Scholarship and Fellowship awards in relation to Nigeria.
- Supervision and monitoring the activities of Federal Government Scholars in Tertiary Institutions locally and abroad.
- Advising and coordinating States Scholarship Policies and Programmes through Annual Coordinating Committee Meetings of Secretaries of Federal and State Scholarship Boards.
THE BOARD OPERATES UNDER FOUR (4) DIVISIONS AS FOLLOWS:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA);
- Nigerian Awards;
- Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan; and
- General Duties
- Science and Technology
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Entrepreneural Studies,
- Environmental Sciences
- Applicants for Postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division. Applicant must be registered Full-Time students of Federal or State Universities.
- All other applicants (UG, HND & NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education.
- All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
- All NCE and HND applicants must have a CGPA of 3.5 and above on a scale of 4.0
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of the academic session.
- It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or Institution is not allowed.
- The Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of:
- Institutional charges and fees and
- For Personal maintenance.
- Federal Government BEA Scholarship Form 2021/2022 | UG & PG
- FG BEA Scholarship CBT Interview Dates, Time & Venues 2021/2022
- FG SDG/Nigeria Scholarship Interview Dates, Time & Venue
- Federal Government SDG/Nigeria Scholarship Award
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms are to be completed online as follows:
- Complete form online Submit and Print a copy
- Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Current School’s Identity Card
- Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you
The Registration portal will be opened from 14th December, 2020 to 24th January, 2021 by 11:59 PM
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS/E-MAIL:
i. Nigerian Award: 09133449200 / 09154573973
ii. email@example.com For further Technical/Apps inquires please call:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
SIGNED: ARC SONNY T. ECHONO, fnia
PERMANENT SECRETARY FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
SEE ADVERT POSTER BELOW: